Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hanging out with the wild ponies of Grayson Highlands.  Unexpectedly, this herd was not afraid of people.  In fact, what they wanted most was salt - from our arms, our pack straps, and our hiking pole handles.  They were all around us, licking and pushing their way to us.  The two other herds that I encountered were not nearly as comfortable around people.

I had my GoPro on my hiking pole mount already, so I jammed the pole in the ground and started the video.  That left me free to take more pictures with my Olympus.  Here's what my GoPro caught while I was busy elsewhere:

Blogspot has been fighting me as I try to upload videos.  My work-around is to upload to YouTube and to post a link here.  Enjoy - there will be lots more videos soon.

Hanging out with the Wild Ponies of Grayson Highlands

No comments: